Planning For a Better Tomorrow
KMK understands the importance of keeping our business sustainable and eco-friendly, so we have taken several steps over the years to remain sustainable.
- We recycle 100% of steel, aluminum, and stainless steel scrap.
- We recycle all of our cardboard and pallets.
We have changed most of our office paperwork to electronic records to eliminate unnecessary paper waste and streamline business operations.
- In 2018, we added 45 solar arrays, bringing our total to 1440 480-watt solar panels.
- When our solar was installed, it provided slightly more than half of our electric usage. We have reduced our consumption through a series of initiatives, such as changing all lighting to LED and upgrading our laser to fiber optic, as well as efficiency gains in our painting procedures.
As a result, our electric consumption is only slightly higher than what we produce now.
By changing the way we staff our paint line and building custom racks for parts, we have gained efficiencies on our paint line. This has significantly reduced our natural gas consumption.
- We recently went paperless in the shop. Employees can access client drawings and job routers on our numerous shop computers. Many of the employees have computers mounted at their machines or work station.
- Powder painting is exceptionally eco-friendly, and we ensure that we keep all our wash chemicals at the correct levels so that our runoff is safe to enter the local sewer system.
Ready to get started?
For over twenty-five years, KMK Metal Fabricators has been a leading provider of tube, wire, and sheet metal fabrication services for a variety of industries. We are a family-owned business located in Illinois, as well as a trusted quality fabrication shop. To learn more about our services, or if you’re ready to request a quote, don’t hesitate to contact us today!